Tundra Grey Marble
Tundra Grey Marble
Tundra Grey Limestone, The elegant soft tones of this natural stone make it ideal for giving a delicate, yet high-end feel to any application. The ability of this beautiful stone to match with most materials and finishes makes it a perfect long-term décor choice. It is quarried in Turkey and is a densely patterned limestone of light grey and whites. It is available in both tile and slab formats, making it suitable for myriad design applications.
Tundra Grey Marble
Over the years, a Tundra Grey Benchtop has become a more common form of stone countertops. Tundra Grey is popular for interior design and home remodeling projects because of its natural beauty. This stone’s neutral tones make it suitable for a wide range of interior design styles and colour palettes. Not only will it blend in with your current decor, but you’ll be able to modify the room’s colours without having to replace the stone. This natural stone appeals to many individuals because of its strength and beauty. Tundra Grey Limestone has a striking similarity to marble, a costly but well-loved stone.
How is Tundra Grey Marble made?
This marble is created when sedimentary rock, such as silt, sand, shells, and mud settles at the bottom of lakes or seas and hardens. Mainly consisting of microscopic shells, fossils, and silt, Fossilized particles can be seen in Marble. Tundra Grey Marble comes in a variety of neutral tones, including tan, browns, and greys. Onyx is a limestone that is generated in caves from stalactite and stalagmite formations. Tundra Grey is pure white, but pink, green, or yellow hues can appear when other minerals are present.
Is Tundra Grey good for benchtops?
It is a fantastic benchtop material growing in popularity. They’re significantly less expensive than others, and they have a natural beauty that you won’t find anywhere else. They do require a little more attention than other materials, such as sealing treatments and appropriate cleaning, but the extra effort will pay off in the form of a long-lasting countertop.
Are Tundra Grey Marble Benchtops Durable?
It is a very durable stone to use for kitchen and bathroom countertops. Tundra Grey’s white or sandy tint appeals to expert chefs, who consider it an excellent complement for stainless steel fixtures seen in professional kitchen gear.
How to clean Tundra Grey Benchtop?
Tundra Grey Limestone is a beautiful, long-lasting, and heat-resistant material for your kitchen benchtop, it does require a lot of maintenance. Let’s talk about how to care for your Tundra Grey Benchtops properly so they last a long time.
- Never use harsh or acidic cleaners on your Tundra Grey Benchtop daily. Traditional household and kitchen cleaners will not work on Tundra Grey Benchtops. Using a commercial Stone cleaner, neutral pH cleaner, or warm water and dish detergent. After each meal, wipe down the counter with a soft towel. Avoid using sponges or scrubbers that could scrape the surface.
- Because It is softer and absorbent than other stones, it is more susceptible to stains from darkly coloured and acidic foods like red wine, black tea, and coffee. Excessive heat might cause the stone to burn or scorch. Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide should be mixed into a thick paste to remove stains. Cover with plastic wrap for 24 hours and apply liberally. Wipe the area clean and reseal it.
- If scratches appear that aren’t too deep, lightly rub them out using fine grade steel wool or a small amount of automobile polishing product. After cleaning, always reseal the area. Use cutting boards when using blades and set your plates and utensils on placemats to avoid scratching.
- It has the same problems as others when it comes to interior design. Dark-coloured and acidic foods and beverages can discolour and etch Marble. Red wine, tomato sauce, and other acidic foods are examples. If you want your Marble Benchtop to survive, ensure it’s properly cared for and sealed to avoid scratching the surface.
- Tundra Grey Marble is more porous than stone and usually has a pale colour, making it stainable. To avoid stains, have your benchtop professionally sealed both after installation and once a year. Although no sealant is 100% efficient in preventing stains, a water-based sealant may provide the best protection. For further protection, use a cleaning spray with sealing characteristics on a weekly or monthly basis.
This Marble has the following advantages and disadvantages:
- It is often available in neutral tones so that it can give your area a more natural appearance. Some colour options are pure white, off-white, ivory, beige, brown, grey, red, and yellow. It is like other natural stones, has distinct fossilization patterns that differ from stone to stone. The diverse textures, sizes, and colours may give your home a rich look and feel.
- This stone has a traditional, timeless look that blends well with a variety of décor and design types. It is a wonderful choice if you want a stone surface that will never go out of style and look good now and in 60 years.
- It has a long lifespan when properly treated for, in addition to its timeless charm. The Lincoln Memorial, the Great Pyramid of Giza, and the Parthenon are just a few of the iconic and historical landmarks built using Tundra Grey that is still standing today.
- It has a smooth granular surface that can be polished, but it won’t shine like granite or others.
- Because It is heat resistant, it will not be damaged if a hot pan or dish is placed directly on the countertop.
- Tundra Benchtops are less expensive than granite or others. Because of its beauty, durability, and affordability, it has become a more popular choice.
- But Limestone requires a little more upkeep and maintenance than other stones.
- Due to Limestone being a delicate and porous stone, it can scrape and stain if not properly cared for.
- It’s also quite delicate, and acids can harm it.
If you like the natural beauty and neutral colours of Tundra Grey, it can be a good choice for your next home restoration project. It is a great choice for low-traffic areas like bathroom vanity tops, bathtub surrounds, and fireplace surrounds. It will look fantastic for years to come if you take excellent care of it and seal it regularly.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Stay up to date with the latest products, view breathtaking projects, find inspiration and exclussive offers
[contact-form-7 id=”5680″ title=”Join Our Newsletter”]