Granite Splashbacks Sydney
A granite splashback is a great way to add style and functionality to your kitchen design. It is one of the most popular choices for kitchen countertops because of its durability, beauty, and variety. Granite comes in many colours, patterns, and textures, so you can find the perfect match for your kitchen style. Granite is also resistant to scratches, stains, heat, and water, making it easy to clean and maintain.
How to Style Your Kitchen with Granite Splashbacks
Splashbacks made of granite are a great way to give your kitchen a sense of luxury and longevity. Here, we give you practical tips on how to get the most out of granite splashbacks:
- Complement Your Countertops: If you already have granite countertops, choose a splashback that complements or contrasts the countertop’s shade. This creates a cohesive look and highlights the beauty of the granite.
- Play with Lighting: Granite has a unique way of reflecting light. Consider installing under-cabinet lighting to illuminate the splashback. This not only enhances the granite’s natural sparkle but also adds warmth to your kitchen.
- Choose Simple Cabinets: Since granite has its own natural patterns, opt for plain or subtly designed cabinets. This ensures that the splashback remains the focal point and doesn’t clash with other design elements.
- Mix and Match: Don’t be afraid to mix materials. A granite splashback pairs beautifully with wooden shelves or stainless steel appliances, creating a balanced and modern look.
- Easy Maintenance: One of the joys of granite is its easy maintenance. Wipe it down regularly with a soft cloth to maintain its shine and ensure it remains the standout feature in your kitchen.
- Thoughtful Accessories: Consider adding accessories like potted herbs or decorative utensils that complement the color tones in the granite. This adds a personal touch and makes the space feel lived-in and cozy.
The Benefits of Choosing a Granite Splashback
Investing in a granite splashback is not just a style statement, it’s a smart, functional choice for your kitchen. Here are some mind-blowing benefits of Granite Splashback:
- Superior Sturdiness: When it comes to splashback materials, granite is among the most robust options available. Because it is heat, scratch, and stain resistant, it is ideal for a kitchen where spills and hot pans are a regular occurrence.
- Timeless Beauty: A black granite splashback, in particular, gives your kitchen a classic elegance. The inherent variances in the stone provide an unparalleled design that is unmistakable, making your kitchen really distinctive.
- Easy Cleaning: Because the material doesn’t hold germs and most spills can be cleaned up with a wet towel, it’s a sanitary option for your kitchen.
- Versatility: A granite splashback may be integrated into almost any design plan, regardless of whether you’re striving for a contemporary or classic aesthetic. Because of its adaptability, both designers and homeowners like it.
- Property Value Boost: Putting in a granite splashback is a wise financial decision. It not only makes your kitchen more visually appealing, but it also raises the value of your house overall, attracting more possible buyers.
Designing with Purpose: How to Perfectly Pair Your Granite Splashback
Choosing and installing a granite splashback is an art that demands careful planning and precise execution. Here’s how to master it:
- Colour Coordination: It’s important to choose the appropriate colour for your granite splashback. Use a splashback that blends in with your kitchen’s existing colour scheme if you have one. In a kitchen with light colours, for example, a black granite splashback may provide a strong contrast, resulting in a balanced and harmonious appearance.
- Material Complementation: Granite looks well with a wide range of materials, such as glass, stainless steel, and wood. When selecting your splashback, take into account the other components of your kitchen. For instance, when combined with sleek, contemporary fixtures and appliances, a stone splashback may offer depth and texture.
- Play with Patterns: Granite has a variety of patterns, from veined to speckled. The pattern you decide on may have a big influence on how your kitchen looks overall. A striking, veined granite splashback may be the focal point of a modest kitchen design.
- Lighting Enhancement: A well-lit granite splashback may draw attention to itself. The distinctive hues and patterns in the stone may be brought to life with under-cabinet lighting or spotlights, creating a real focal point in your kitchen.
- Practical Considerations: Although aesthetics have significant value, it is important not to overlook the pragmatic aspects. To avoid stains, make sure the granite you choose is well sealed. To make sure the splashback fits precisely in the area you have selected, take into account its height and breadth as well.
- Seek Expert Advice: When in doubt, seek expert advice. They may provide helpful advice on what kind of granite will work best for you in terms of both appearance and functionality. Additionally, they can assist you in finding affordable, high-quality stone kitchen splashbacks.
- Add Your Personal Touch: Finally, remember to add your own touch. These little details, like selecting a design that speaks to you or placing a plant of fresh herbs in front of the splashback, are what really personalize your kitchen.
Elevate Your Kitchen with Granite Splashbacks
Choosing a granite splashback for your kitchen is a perfect fusion of style and function. With a wide range of options, from stone vanity tops to durable granite splashbacks, you have the flexibility to create a kitchen that stands the test of both time and trend. Should you need expert advice or assistance, our team is here to help you make your kitchen more elegant and functional.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Can You Use Granite as a Splashback?
Yes, granite is a suitable material for kitchen splashbacks, offering a cooling effect, spacious appearance, easy maintenance, unique aesthetics, and increased property value. Choose from various granite types to match your style and preferred vein pattern for a personalized look.
What Is the Typical Thickness of a Granite Splashback?
Granite splashback is typically cut from the same material as the granite countertop, so it has the same thickness as the counter. Most of the time, a granite splashback is 1.25 inches thick (3cm) and has a square edge at the top, even if the countertop has a curved edge.
Is granite backsplash expensive?
Granite backsplash can be more expensive than other backsplash materials, such as tile or glass. The cost of granite backsplash depends on the size of your kitchen, the type and quality of the granite slab, and the installation fees. Granite backsplash can range from $34.75 to $58.75 per square foot on average.
How much does granite backsplash cost?
The cost of granite backsplash can vary depending on several factors, such as the size of your kitchen, the type and quality of the granite slab, and the installation fees. According to HomeAdvisor, a 4-inch granite backsplash costs an average of $10 to $15 per linear foot. A full-height granite backsplash costs an average of $50 to $75 per square foot.
Should I do a 4 inch granite backsplash?
A 4 inch granite backsplash is a convenient and affordable option that can protect your wall from food and grease splashes. It also gives your kitchen a stylish and elegant look that matches your granite countertop. However, a 4 inch granite backsplash also leaves a large part of the wall exposed to stains and dirt. You may want to consider a full-height granite backsplash if you want more coverage and durability for your wall.